Squeak Mentioned On O'Reilly

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sat Oct 9 19:35:34 UTC 1999

<< Squeak is mentioned briefly in an interview with Python creator Guido van
Rossum at: http://www.oreilly.com/frank/ >>

This article mentions a number of interesting language and platform
issues--those interested in such might check it out.

The name of some languages and platforms that I was unfamiliar with are
mentioned in the article. It took me a while to find decent links for
    Amoeba  [ www.cs.vu.nl/pub/amoeba/amoeba.html ],
    Pike        [ 194.52.182.96/documentation/pike_tutorial/tutorial.html ],
    Lua         [ www.tecgraf.puc-rio.br/~cassino/luajava ], and
    MEL         [I can find references such as those to the Maya environment
                    (see Maya references starting from www.aw.sgi.com
                    (cautionary note: their pages download mucho graphics)),
                but not language details ]
with appropriate credit due to AltaVista.com.

It's worth taking a look at the Amoeba page just to see the picture of the
V8-SPARC at VU. It reminded me of my 7030 days. Are we going to require
super-computers just to serve our software needs in the future.

Jerry Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated
----
Walk tall, talk small.