Method Finder bug

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Tue Oct 12 19:44:03 UTC 1999

At 12:13 -0800 10/12/99, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>JArchibald at aol.com wrote ...
>>Are you talking about the 'Selector Finder'? (I have a feeling that you're
>>not) The Selector Finder has 'bug' (feature) in that it cannot find binary
>>methods when you do an accept.
>
>Is your Squeak up to date?  My Squeak has no problem with this.  Both ...
>
>	3. 4. 7
>and
>	'ab'. 'cd.'  'abcd'
>
>... do the right thing.
>
>	- D

Jerry's right, it is the Selector Finder. I found it in the Open...
menu in a Morphic Project world.

I just tried it again and it again failed. The message is:

   {{'a'. Variable or expression expected ->}. $a}

I wrote: 'a'. . $a

I'm on 2.5 and updated within the last week, but there were no new
updates from the week before. I'll go try again.

It sounds fixed anyhow. I gotta go look at how the magic is done...

Dave
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY