[BUG][POSSIBLE FIXES]

Tim Olson tim at jumpnet.com
Thu Oct 7 12:49:37 UTC 1999

Andres Valloud wrote:

> I remember I had found this a
> very long time ago. I ran an eyeball search on my around 13mb .changes
> file for the proper doIt and it was not there... it has to be in one of
> my previous Squeak changes files, most probably in my Squeak 2.0 final
> backup if I didn't run condenseChanges after I found it. I do have the
> backups, although not so at hand as my current .changes file.

The Float>>printOn: stuff was changed by me on 4/22/98 (don't remember
exactly which Squeak version that was).  Prior to that, Squeak was using
the method now found in

	Float>>absPrintOn:base:digitCount:

(in the "private" category of Float).  That method definitely exhibits
the problem you are talking about.

	-- Tim Olson