[ENH] BetterFileStamp

John Tobler squeakie at visto.com
Tue Oct 19 21:00:03 UTC 1999

If we're reworking filestamps, why not make them ISO 8601
compliant?  Where a relatively clear international standard
for date-time combinations exists, shouldn't we  use it?

For example, 8:30 AM on April 15, 1996 (local time) would
be written as 19960415T083000.  The same time in UTC-based
time would be written as: 19960415T083000Z (with a strong
preference for stamps being constructed with UTC times!).

Besides, ISO 8601 is Y2K compliant!  ;}

Blessings!

John Tobler