[REQUEST] Self running image for Unix type OS's

Ian Piumarta Ian.Piumarta at inria.fr
Mon Oct 25 16:21:26 UTC 1999

> The next time the image format is changed (soon, if I remember
> correctly), it would be nice to prepend "#!squeak<nl>".  Assuming an
> appropriate path, this would allow an image file to be run as if it
> was a command.

See the method comment for

  Interpreter>>readImageFromFile:HeapSize:StartingAt:

and the comment attached to the initialisation of headerStart in

  Interpreter>>writeImageFile:

The required mods (which aught to be be conditional, on the value
returned by Interpreter>>asciiDirectoryDelimiter for example) are
trivial, and should be obvious.  Left as an exercise for... anyone
called David.  ;^p

(Alternatively, buy me a beer at OOPSLA and I'll do them while I'm
drinking it. ;o)

Ian