Look and feel

JArchibald at aol.com JArchibald at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 01:09:45 UTC 1999

--> 10/1/99 8:50:00 PM EDT jddst19+ at pitt.edu -->
<< Since you didn't mind snipping the verb, I said 'integrate' not
 'replicate', which are different things. I thought the discussion was
 about doing the stuff in squeak that was done in the finder or
 explorer. If that is the case, you might want to bring in the icons
 that the system knows about. >>

I would like to have a Squeak program which can be used to do some of the
things I do with Windows desktop, but do some of them right (like remember
layout of folders, etc.) I think using Window's own icons sounds fine to me
(I don't have a problem with the icons). Also, I wouldn't insist that I could
do everything--just like to have an environment which does an interesting
subset of functions for me. (As an old Macintosh devotee, I would like a
better Windows  such as perhaps behave more like the Macintosh desktop).

Jerry Archibald
systemObjectivesIncorporated