Byte order and ByteArray conversions

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 31 12:38:43 UTC 1999

If you know the endian-ness you want, you can use nextNumber:put: and
nextLittleEndianNumber:put: to write out integers in big endian or
little endian.  So that would probably be the inverse of the methods you
were looking for.  You can read them back with nextNumber: and
nextLittleEndianNumber:.

But why would knowing the machine's ordering matter, unless you are
doing primitives?  Maybe if you post a higher-level view of what you are
trying to do, someone will have a more helpful response.  I tend to like
the fact that I don't have to think about endianness :)

Lex