[Bug][Fix][Updated Fix] FileOut for -- all -- category

Norton, Chris chrisn at Kronos.com
Fri Oct 15 21:09:31 UTC 1999

Hi Mark & company.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mark Wai [mwai at ibm.net] wrote:

While I was doing some porting work between Squeak and VA Smalltalk, I found
out that trying to fileOut category '-- all --' will result in nothing.

The attached method will correctly file out all the selectors for the '--
all --' category.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for finding & fixing this bug Mark!  This is a nice improvement to
the existing functionality.

Because I have some interest in this feature, I tested it a bit and did a
quick review of your fix.  I have updated your changes, replacing the
explicit '-- all --' with a call to ClassOrganizer class>>allCategory (I
have an aversion to hard-coded strings.  ;-).

And, although I realize that you did not introduce the code that does:

true ifTrue: [...do something then always return...]
....more unsent code below this...

I had a similar aversion to that too.  So I removed the unnecessary block
and commented out the subsequent "never ran" code.  Maybe Dan Ingalls will
toss out this obsolete code for us (his mark was on the older revision of
this method).

Thanks again for helping to bullet-proof this feature.

---==> Chris

  <<fileOutCategoryFix.15Oct452pm.cs>>

Attachment converted: Anon:fileOutCategoryFix.15Oct452pm.c
(????/----) (00014CF1)