browser glitch

Ken G. Brown kbrown at tnc.com
Mon Oct 18 01:34:37 UTC 1999

It appears this is usually caused by the changes file made bad by
Stuffit or by not downloading in binary mode. Generally people seem
to be saying download in binary mode with an ftp program, then be
sure Stuffit Expander cross platform preference is set to 'Never
convert text files to Mac format'.
There is supposed to be an answer to this problem in the Squeak FAQ
on the Swiki. See <http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.471> but I
tried just now and could not get through. I have previously had weird
corruption problems after what appeared to be successful Binhex
decode until I recently upgraded to Expander 5.1.3.
    Ken

At 21:09 -0400 on 99/10/17,  Lee Phillips is rumored to have written: