2.5 image/changes problem

Michael Donegan invader at zilker.net
Wed Oct 13 15:03:26 UTC 1999

I got my copy of Squeak using this link off the Squeak home page.

ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/2.5/Squeak2.5-mac.sea.bin

The problem seems to be something with the handling of the Changes file.
Every method in the Changes file starting with B3DRotation has an offset of
8 or more. At various places the offset goes up, but it remains constant
until the next jump. I don't know what the mechanism is for computing these
offsets, but it seems that some error is accumulating error whenever the
bad condition occurs. It is interesting that the comment for B3DRotation is
OK, but the first method is bad. I don't see anything unusual with the
comment in the changes file except that it has tabs in it. Don't know if
that is unusual or not.

To answer another question. Squeak seems great on the iBook. There is some
hesitation when rotating a browser window, but overall it is pretty cool. I
haven't tried it on batteries yet.

	mkd