2.6 headed for beta

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Sat Oct 9 17:11:41 UTC 1999

Folks -

I have a couple more updates (mostly outside contributions) to put out, and then 2.6 will be in beta test (fixes only) for release by the end of next week.

It is our hope then to experiment with nested name spaces in projects, and to perfect the export and import of image segments.  These will be a major focus of test pilot activity (Squeak 2.7alpha) between now and the end of the month.

I hope to summarize the project name space proposal in the next day or two.  Your comments and criticism will be welcome.

Thanks
	- Dan