[UPDATES]

Dwight Hughes dwighth at ipa.net
Fri Oct 29 18:50:28 UTC 1999

It would get a bit confusing if others sent [UPDATE] or [UPDATES]
messages since one expects to be able to use the "update from server"
mechanism in Squeak to retrieve any [UPDATES]. So, yes, it would be good
to "reserve" this for SC.

I think the primary message tags used in the Squeak list so far are:
[BUG], [FIX], [ADDON], [GOODIE], [ANN], [ENH], and [UPDATES]; sometimes
you will see [NEWBIE], [REQUEST] or [REQ], and [Q]. [ADDON] and [GOODIE]
are pretty much equivalent - I prefer [GOODIE] for historical reasons.
[ANN] is more general -- often applied to things like a new or updated
port or VM or some such.

-- Dwight