[bug, linuxVM] shift-tab not captured

Aibek Musaev abbey at cc.gatech.edu
Sun Oct 17 19:02:30 UTC 1999

<Shift-*> usually means the opposite direction of <*>. For instance,
<Shift-Tab> means the opposite direction of <Tab>.

E.g.,
- <Tab> in Internet Explorer moves the cursor between links, and
<Shift-Tab> does it in the opposite direction.
- Check out what <Ctrl-Tab> and <Shift-Ctrl-Tab> do in the System
Properties window invoked by <Window-Break> or right-click on My Computer
shortcut.

Aibek.

On Sun, 17 Oct 1999 JArchibald at aol.com wrote:

> --> 10/17/99 1:32:36 PM EDT, gte949e at prism.gatech.edu -->
> << Maybe we want to ignore that one since many windoze users like that key
> sequence
>  for switching applications...
>  michalstarke wrote:
>  >
>  > to nux VM explorers:
>  >
>  > On my linux VM (2.5), the 'shift-tab' keyboard combination is not reported
> by InputSensor.keyboardPressed, while the other shift-* combinations are
> reported, and tab by itself is reported too.
>  > (Other VMs do report 'shift-tab').
>  >
>  > michal >>
>
> On WinDoze, it's the <Alt-Tab> sequence that is used for switching
> applications. I don't know that <Shift-Tab> does anything. Does anyone else
> have additional information on the <Shift-Tab>?
>
> Jerry.
> _________________________
>
> Jerry L. Archibald
> systemObjectivesIncorporated