Xanadu

Craig Latta Craig.Latta at NetJam.ORG
Sun Oct 24 08:16:46 UTC 1999

> Has anybody looked at the Smalltalk implementation of Xanadu?
> Could this code be a useful starting point for a Squeak project?

	I think so. Roger Gregory (lead Xanadu tech guy) gave a demo for me recently, and a tour of the sources in a live image (of ParcPlace 2.3 vintage... whoa). I think there's a lot of useful stuff there, after one deciphers the barrage of mixed metaphors in the naming schemes. :)

	He said he'd condense the complete changes (from 60MB...) and make them available on the Net. That'd be rather raw, but it's a start.

	Didn't Adele say something a while ago about copylefting 2.3 or 2.5? I seem to recall an announcement at OOPLSA along those lines in the last few years. It would be a lot easier to engage in Xanadu archaeology with public access to that stuff.

-C

--
Craig Latta
composer and computer scientist