Doom as a user interface (fwd)

Jarvis, Robert P. Jarvisb at timken.com
Thu Oct 21 19:18:53 UTC 1999

One small step for a developer, one giant leap for sysadmin's everywhere...

"No, Mr. Boss, sir, I'm not wasting valuable company time and resources
playing a game.  No sirree, not me.  I'm doing useful work, taking care of
system problems.  Yup, Mr. Work-Til-Me-Hands-Fall-Off System Administrator,
that's me.  'Scuse me now, Mr. Boss, sir, but there's a runaway daemon
hiding inside the system that I have to hunt down and destroy.

THERE IT IS!!!  BEHIND THE PAGE TABLES!!!!!!!

DIE, YOU MISERABLE PROCESS, DIE!!!   YAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<BLAM-kachunk-BLAM-kachunk-BLAM!!!  BOOOOOOM!!!!!!  splat-splatter-glop>"

:-)

Bob Jarvis
The Timken Company