[ENH] widths of digits

John Duncan jddst19+ at pitt.edu
Sun Oct 24 07:54:17 UTC 1999

If it were a perfect world, you'd be able to make a few subclasses and
use them. Unfortunately, the character display is done by a primitive,
so I think you lose this latitude. I don't really understand the
intricacies of everything, so I'm not sure. Perhaps you could allow a
little loss of speed while you test new subclasses and then make them
primitive. If you think this is a worthy approach, I'd help you with
it.

-John