running squeak

usef usef at vlsi.itb.ac.id
Thu Sep 23 15:28:58 UTC 1999

Hello,
First of all i apologize if my question is not appropriate for this list.
I'm very new to Squeak (this is the 1st day) and I never touch Smalltalk
before, but I think i'm interested.
The problem is I can't get Squeak to run, I believe I missed something
very simple, but i'm lost.

I downloaded Squeak for Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1 and Linux

$ ./SqueakVM-2.4c-sparc-solaris-2.5.1 Squeak2.4c.image
SqueakVM-2.4c-sparc-solaris-2.5.1: command not found

I put all files (sources, image, changes, VM) on the same directory. The
same problem I encountered on my linux 2.0.35 machine (with a
different VM of course). Please help, i want to get in touch with this
creature.

Thanks in advance,

usef