User Interface nuance: hanging

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Mon Sep 6 17:29:32 UTC 1999

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:

> Every now and then while Squeaking, we arrive at some inconsistent
> user interface state.  You know, a bit of the screen is munged
> graphically, a list's highlighting is set so that an item is
> hilighted when deselected and vice-versa; that sort of thing.
>
> Though I'm not yet a Smalltalk GUI maven, I thought a perspicacious
> report of some repeatable outstanding bugs might be useful to those
> who do this sort of thing for real.

Here's another one: undo via mouse in morphic.

Type something in a workspace, select something in the middle, type
something and then choose undo from the menu. Nothing happens. Until you
select something in the text and see odd character fragments appear. After
a redraw or a keypress it behaves normally, but id didn't do the right
undo op.

  /bert