[ENH] Halo menu picks for manipulating TextMorph attributes

Robert M. Fuhrer rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com
Fri Sep 24 13:50:58 UTC 1999

At 06:50 PM 9/23/99, you wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:39:01 -0400 "Robert M. Fuhrer"
><rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com> wrote:
>>The only problem now is that the new handle has no balloon.  I haven't yet
>>seen where balloons get hooked in; I would have expected to see code to
>>associate a balloon where the handle gets created, but that isn't the case.
>
>Check out HaloMorph>>addHandleAt:color:on:send:to:. It sends
>
>       handle setBalloonText: (target balloonHelpTextForHandle: handle).
>
>and Morph>>balloonHelpTextForHandle: is where the balloons get their text.

Oh.  Wouldn't it make more sense to put the balloon help text with the object
that defines the halo handles, rather than in some global "hard-to-reach" spot?

I can see where a global spot makes sense for shared/standard handles, but
it seems odd to place *all* balloon text there.

Robert M. Fuhrer                                       34-231  (914) 945-3830
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center                       rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598                PGP Public Key available on request