Possible iMac problem [was: Re: Spectrum Analyzer Morph]

Andrew C. Greenberg werdna at gate.net
Sun Sep 26 22:06:05 UTC 1999

> >The code actually appears to freeze my iMac --decidedly unSqueak-like
> >behavior-- requiring a Control-Escape out to unfreeze the machine.
> >It would be nice if there were some way that could be repaired.
>
>I will load a new Squeak onto our iMac as soon as I get a chance.
>No idea why this should happen.
>Any other clues from out there?
>	Does this run OK or crash on other iMacs?
>	Does sound input work OK otherwise in an iMac?
>	Do the non-sonogram modes of the SpectrumAnalyzerMorph work
>OK in an iMac?
>
>Don't bother to answer if there is already a lot of traffic about this.

For the record, sound input works fine.  The recorder morphs behave
fine, for example.  My Bondi Blue original iMac is a pimple slower
than the new ones if that matters.

The only traits on sound input that come to mind are these: (1) if
you use the built-in, the background noise is fairly substantial; and
(2) as I recall, the apple voice recognition stuff didn't work so
well on them (though I haven't tried it).