Help with simple graphics

Aron Brener brener at home.com
Thu Sep 23 23:22:29 UTC 1999

Let me start by saying that I'm new on squeak, but have been using
VisualWorks for a few months.

I have to do a project for a class I'm taking relating to shortest
path on a maze. As my programs find the solutions, it supposed to
show them on the screen. My professor gave us a graphics package we
can use for C. I'd prefer to do the project in Smalltalk because I
think it'll be a lot easier to implement.

What I need is a tutorial that'll teach me to do simple stuff in
squeak, like drawing squares, lines, maybe use different thicknesses,
labels for the lines. I also have to be able to print the screen,
although this is not imperative. I guess I could use a screen
grabbing utility to do that.

I was looking for stuff on the web, but every promising link was
broken. I've experimented a little, but to find how to do what I need
would take me along time. I have a full time job, so I'd like to
spend most of my free time on implementing the algorithm rather than
playing around.

Thanks in advance.

Ari
Aron Brener		|   Caminante no hay camino,
brener at home.com	|   se hace camino al andar.
			|                 	Antonio Machado
There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as
easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer
know how to use my telephone.  -- Bjarne Stroustrup, AT&T, Inventor of C++