File-ins/change set formats and a "diff view"

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Thu Sep 23 23:27:30 UTC 1999

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:54:15 -0400 "Robert M. Fuhrer" <rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com> wrote:
>It has occurred to me that it would be really great if somehow the file-in
>format allowed a direct presentation of what the change actually was (for
>changes that aren't simply additions/deletions of entire methods/classes).

In addition to the suggestions previously offered (which compare a file on disk to what's already loaded or compare versions that have been seen since the image was started), you might also consider the Source Comparison Browser. You can find a link at:

	http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak.621

The difference here is that it compares two files on disk. That, with the already installed options, should answer most quetions.

Cheers,
Bob