Q: Effect of "delete class changes from change set"?

Robert M. Fuhrer rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com
Thu Sep 23 22:06:51 UTC 1999

At 05:46 PM 9/23/99, you wrote:
>On Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:34:47 -0400 "Robert M. Fuhrer"
><rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com> wrote:
>>What precisely is the effect of "delete class changes from change set"?
>
>It means that the change set for which you issued the command will not file
>out those changes (unless you subsequently do something to remind him/her/it).
>
>>Will the changes then be left "dangling", i.e., will they then belong to
>>no change set?
>
>If other change set(s) knew of the change, then they still do.

Ah!  I was unaware that changes could belong to multiple change sets.
So one can easily use the dual change set browser to build and organize
changes into arbitrary (overlapping) sets.  Very nice!

>>If so, can I later "re-parent" them?
>
>Sure. See below or simply make the change again (assuming the change set in
>question is the current one).
>
>>Also, is it possible to move changes from one change set to another?
>
>Use the World menu/changes.../dual change sorter. Then you can copy or move
>changes from one set to another.

Cool, thanks!  With just these little hints, I understand the whole change-set
gestalt a lot better.

That's what I love about this mailing list -- real help-to-go! :-)

Robert M. Fuhrer                                       34-231  (914) 945-3830
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center                       rfuhrer at watson.ibm.com
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598                PGP Public Key available on request