[ENH] ListItemSelectByLetter + question on something completely different

Jason McVay jmcvay at bigfoot.com
Sat Sep 25 01:25:31 UTC 1999

Doug--

WOW! thanks! that's a good booster [smile]. i'll think about the added
functionality you wrote about...right now i'm working on morph-izing the ole
SystemMonitor. sure, it doesn't do much, but it's a good way to get started
with morphic.

the main prob i'm having, tho, is what data do i display for
garbageCollection? i have no idea right now... right now i'm just displaying
fullGCs (Smalltalk getVMParameters at: 7) added to incrGCs (Smalltalk
getVMParameters at: 9). of course, this lends nothing much as far as
tracking goes 'cause it just goes up and up and up. can someone give me any
idea as to what i should track? just a askin' [smile].

oh yeah, what other data besides memory usage, garbageCollection, and upTime
would you all like to have in a SystemMonitor? someone posted an [ENH] a
couple of weeks ago that listed the system's processes. would something
similar that be something to include?

jason "the trying hard newbie"