anAnyClass scaleBy:<foo>. What should <foo> be?

John-Reed Maffeo rlpa80 at email.sps.mot.com
Thu Sep 2 19:47:32 UTC 1999

I am making modifications to the scaleBy: method in
class Path. That method is scaling points but does not use the
class Point scaleBy: method and I think that it should.

When I look at allImplementors of scaleBy: I am confused as to
what the most correct object is which should be included in
the selector. Different methods seem to expect (or accept) different
objects: aPoint, aFactor, aScale.

Since scaleBy: (and transformBy:) exist to support
WindowingTransformations, and its checkScale: method says

--- begin quote

checkScale: aScale
	"Convert aScale to the internal format of a floating-point Point."

 	| checkedScale |
	checkedScale _ aScale asPoint.
	^checkedScale x asFloat @ checkedScale y asFloat

--- end quote

it seems to me that scaleBy: aFloatingPointPoint should be the
standard. Yes? No? Maybe?

Thanks,

John-Reed Maffeo
Mesa, Arizona