[FIX] Re: errors updating

Doug Way dway at mat.net
Wed Sep 8 05:11:24 UTC 1999

Actually, ignore my previous message on this... I think I've found your
problem.

Most likely you were trying to update from server via the new "personal"
menu in Morphic?  (which now shows up via the second mouse button or
option-mouse)  This menu has a "load latest code updates" option which is
currently broken.

The attached changeset fixes this buglet.

- Doug Way
  dway at mat.net

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Adam Bridge wrote:

> I've downloaded 2.5 for the Mac but when I attempt to update from the server I
> get errors.
>
> How do I troubleshoot this?
>
> I'm using the pre-packaged version that I downloaded from www.squeak.org
>
> Adam Bridge

'From Squeak 2.5 of August 6, 1999 on 8 September 1999 at 12:58:05 am'!
"Change Set:		PersonalMenuFix-dew
Date:			8 September 1999
Author:			Doug Way

A buglet fix for the Preferences personal menu.  (Update from server didn't work.)"!

!Preferences class methodsFor: 'personalization' stamp: 'dew 9/8/1999 00:51'!
personalizeOptionMenu: aMenu
	"The user has clicked on the morphic desktop with the mac-option key, or equivalent, held down; a menu is being constructed to present to the user in response; its default target is the current world.  In this method, you are invited to add items to the menu as per personal preferences.
	The default implementation, for illustrative purposes, sets the menu title to 'personal', and adds items for go-to-previous-project,m show/hide flaps, and load code updates"

	aMenu addTitle: 'personal'.  "Remove or modify this as per personal choice"

	aMenu add: 'previous project' action: #goBack.
	aMenu addUpdating: #suppressFlapsString target: Utilities action: #toggleFlapSuppressionInProject.
	aMenu add: 'load latest code updates' target: Utilities action: #updateFromServer.
! !