How does double clicking work in Squeak?

Lex Spoon lex at cc.gatech.edu
Wed Sep 22 21:00:34 UTC 1999

"Norton, Chris" <chrisn at Kronos.com> wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> Silly question, I know, but I haven't had much luck finding this out
myself
> so...
>
> What do I really want to do?  I would like to add double click
functionality
> to the Squeak inspectors.  Basically, when you inspect something, you
get a
> nice tri-pane window, with instance variables along the upper left
pane,
> printString representations of the selected variable in the upper
right pane
> and an executable pane below.  I would like to be able to double click
on a
> instance variable in the upper left pane and have that activity spawn
a new
> inspector on that variable.  Not a new concept, but a useful one.  In
fact,
> I use this kind of functionality all of the time in VSE.

I don't think there's really any concept of a double click in Squeak.
And actually, I kind of enjoy it.  Everything you can do, is just one
click away.

One alternative to the interface you suggest, would be to have the
middle button open a new inspector, just as in Netscape.

An even better alternative, would be to try out the object explorer
instead of using the inspector.

Lex