Has anyone worked doing a Netscape plugin for Squeak?

DisneyLogic at disneyblast.com DisneyLogic at disneyblast.com
Thu Sep 16 02:02:35 UTC 1999

Has anyone worked doing a Netscape plugin for
Squeak?  AOL-Netscape defines the interface,
and it's solid enough that the Opera Software
folks in Norway were able to define their
plugin interface to do the same.

The idea of the plugin would be to load the
virtual machine and execute the bytecodes in
a specified file given by a stylized tag in
HTML.  So, the idea would be to allow one to
do some client-side programming using Squeak.

Is it too soon to try something like this?
I'm booked with outside-of-work projects 'til
mid-December, but I'd be glad to tackle this
kind of thing starting then.  Any pointers?

Thanks,

  --Jan Theodore Galkowski