[ENH] Empty return expression

Stephen Pair spair at advantive.com
Mon Sep 27 21:24:20 UTC 1999

I think these arguments indicate that there is a need to:

1.  Separate the concept of answering an object from the concept of
terminating execution of a method
2.  Not require that a method answer an object at all
3.  Allow a method to answer multiple objects

I like the concept using ^ to terminate a method (as a shortcut for
"thisContext terminate"), but only if I can also do:

thisContext answer: 1.
thisContext answer: 2.
^

....and provided that ^ really does mean stop evaluation of this method
without returning *any* object (as opposed to implicitly returning self).

- Stephen