Lampson/Thacker to do Dynabook?

Chris Reuter cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 8 04:46:07 UTC 1999

On Fri, Sep 03, 1999 at 02:32:20PM +1000, Eric Ulevik wrote:
> From: Chris Reuter <cgreuter at calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
> > When I want to have a computer handy, I throw my old TRS-80 Model 100
> > (circa 1983) in my knapsack and use that.
> > (Unfortunately, it doesn't run Squeak.  Anyone want to try to port it?
> ;-)
>
> Bill Gates wrote some of the application software in this computer.

Yes, I know.  The word processor slows down as the current document
grows.  I would guess that it uses O(n) algorithms.  Tsk. Tsk.

BTW, I've decided to take the plunge and invest in a used laptop,
either a 486 or a Pentium.  Does anyone know what the minimum
performance requirements are for getting decent performance from
Squeak and Morphic under Linux with X?  I'm currently using a
Pentium 100 running Linux and Morphic is a bit sluggish but still
usable under that.  How does it fare on a 486?

		    --Chris