Unicode support

Marcel Weiher marcel at metaobject.com
Wed Sep 22 21:22:50 UTC 1999

> Consider this:
>
> hebr3 "This is a fine mess" hebr2 hebr1 hebr0
>
> if you iterate through the tokens, in what order would you expect to
> get tokens?
> if you iterate throught the words, is the order the same?
> I'd argue that in the word case you want:
>
> hebr0
> hebr1
> hebr2
> this
> is
> fine
> mess
> hebr3

I'd argue that this latter representation is also the 'natural'
storage organization, with the left-to-right / right-to-left shown at
the top being a purely visual feature and therefore specific to the
layout / display of that particular text / string.  Than again, I
know little about hebrew...

Marcel