How to create a self-desribing BlockContext?

agree at carltonfields.com agree at carltonfields.com
Thu Sep 9 18:07:10 UTC 1999

> By "uniqueness", I mean pragmatic, behavioral uniqueness, not
> implementation-level uniqueness as indicated by pc, stackp, > sender, etc.
> Essentially, it needs to work like a block and describe itself like a
> Message.  Presently, I can create from one block declaration > two instances
> whose pc and startpc differ.  This makes their hash values different,
> allowing unwanted multiple inclusions in sets.

Unless I'm misremembering, the equivalence of two programs is an undecidable proposition.  Accordingly, you may wish to restrict yourself to comparing static textual, not operational, properties such as bytecodes or disassembled source codes.  (Is there an oracle class in the standard Squeak release?)