[bug] [fix (? partial)] B3Dmorph no longer works

Mark Guzdial guzdial at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Sep 28 14:23:14 UTC 1999

Playing around with Squeak 2.6a, I found that B3Dmorph (from the New Morph
menu) no longer worked.  Thinking that it might be an exceptions thingie, I
then tried 2.5.  Didn't work there either!

The problem seems to be that the B3Dmorph no longer has a texture when it's
first told to draw itself, so it bombs when nil is asked to be asTexture.

The below fix just generates a form and uses that as the texture.  I do it
inside of initialize.  Don't know if it's the right fix, but it works now.

However, the set texture menu item on B3Dmorph still doesn't work.

'From Squeak 2.5 of August 6, 1999 on 28 September 1999 at 10:19:52 am'!

!B3DMorph methodsFor: 'initialize' stamp: 'mjg 9/28/1999 10:19'!
initialize
	super initialize.
	geometry _ B3DBox from: (-0.7 at -0.7@-0.7) to: (0.7 at 0.7@0.7).
	camera _ B3DCamera new.
	(self confirm:'Put me into a clipping frame?')
		ifTrue:[camera position: 0 at 0@1.5]
		ifFalse:[camera position: 0 at 0@2. color _ nil].
	camera nearDistance: 0.1.
	camera farDistance: 5.0.
	self extent: 100 at 100.
	texture _ (Form extent: 100 at 100) asTexture.
	angle _ 0.! !

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial at cc.gatech.edu