A warning on HandMorph|handleMouseOver:

Dan Ingalls Dan.Ingalls at disney.com
Thu Sep 30 04:34:58 UTC 1999

Leandro -

>the code is assuming that m has a well defined hash. If that precondition
>fails, then the morph m is in the set of keys but the invocation of at: m
>produces a keyNotFound error. And of course, the error repeats again and
>again.

An excellent observation!

>PS: I'm sending this mail to Scott since he is the author who last signed
>the method in 2.5.

But it was I who wrote this code originally.  I was never in love with the approach, but it did take us forward with mouse-over time-outs.  An interim fix would be simply to use an IdentityDictionary, with some solution such as you recommend for the unlikely case of not finding an entry.

>PPS: One more time, the MorphicWrappers made this problem apparent.

How would this approach answer the concerns of MorphicWrappers?  [You may respond privately].

	- Dan