Spectrum Analyzer Morph

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Fri Sep 24 22:18:13 UTC 1999

Dan writes:
>This could happen if your machine is marginally too slow.  Then in
>sonogram mode, the display will get behind, and memory will start to
>fill up with the unprocessed sound.

Yak! I hope not!  It's a Mac G3/266.  On the other hand, I was probably
running a bunch of other apps at the same time....

>We should probably put in a feature that dumps incoming data if it
>gets behind more than a couple of seconds.  Also we might be able to
>tighten up the display code for the sonogram a bit, but TANSTAAFL.

Don't do it on my account.  I ran it for about an hour in a cleaner
environment, and it ran just fine.  I agree it's probably a good idea to be
a little more defensive for those less blessed.

Thanks!

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint                      (619) 578-8500 x226

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.