Adjusting Squeak interface for comfort

Frank Sergeant frank at canyon-medical.com
Sat Sep 11 22:39:34 UTC 1999

"John Duncan" <jddst19+ at pitt.edu> writes:

> > setting to change inboard scroll bars to true, saved the image,

> When you adjust that setting, it doesn't change anything for windows
> that are currently open. (I found that surprising myself). You would
> have to close the windows you have open and open them again, and all
> the new windows will have inboard scrollbars on the right.

I closed the windows and reopened them.  It didn't help.  I exited
Squeak and restarted it and opened new windows.  it didn't help.
Hmmm.  Are you using Morphic?  I am still using MVC.  Do the
scrollbar settings not apply to MVC?

> I, too, prefer to not have the flashing scrollbars, as they make
> playing around with halos and the resizing "dot" very complex.

(That's what made me think you might have been referring to Morphic.)

I did bring up one of the play with me Morphic things and got
non-flashing, righthand, inboard scrollbars.  I don't think I was
successful in adjusting the font size there, though.  I've been
pretty lost in Morphic, so I thought I'd try to get comfortable
in MVC first.

  -- Frank
  frank at canyon-medical.com