Packaging into the sole Squeak window

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Thu Apr 27 17:55:04 UTC 2000

At 23:52 -0400 4/25/00, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
>>MMM well working backwards I see that you need to call the Mac's sizeWindow
>>which is called from ioSetDisplayMode in sqMacWindow.c which is called by
>>primitiveSetDisplayMode in interp.c which is primitive 92
>>
>>In Interpreter primitiveSetDisplayMode talkes about
>>looking at DisplayScreen setDisplayDepth:extent:fullscreen:
>>
>>which is where the trail grows cold.
>
>Not so cold:  After examining the code is was fairly clear what to do if you wanted to exercise the primitive.  Add the following method to DisplayScreen class:
>
>depth: depthInteger width: widthInteger height: heightInteger flag: aBoolean
>	<primitive: 92>
>	self primitiveFail
>
>And run the doIt:
>
>	DisplayScreen depth: 8 width: 100 height: 100 flag: false
>
>This will reduce the window to 100 by 100.  Presumably, there was a reason the code executing this was deleted from the general release
>--
>Andrew C. Greenberg		acg at netwolves.com
>V.P. Eng., R&D,		813.885.2779 (office)
>Netwolves Corporation		813.885.2380 (facsimile)
>www.netwolves.com

Thanks, Andrew!

Does anyone know if this works cross-platform, or its history? Is it a new feature not quite implemented or an old one going away?

I'm using it on the Mac and it does just what I want but someday I'll need it on other platforms.

Thangs
David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY