Packaging into the sole Squeak window

David N. Smith (IBM) dnsmith at watson.ibm.com
Fri Apr 28 16:00:34 UTC 2000

Tim:

I somehow missed your two reply until something else occurred to me and I went looking for your original reply. One reason you code might not have worked so well is that I ran it from a Morphic world, and you are obviously expecting MVC.  Duh...

Dave

At 11:23 -0700 4/26/00, Tim Rowledge wrote:
>In message <v04220800b52cd169a55b@[32.224.232.122]>
>          "David N. Smith \(IBM\)" <dnsmith at watson.ibm.com> wrote:
>
>> Tim:
>> This doesn't work on my Mac (latest 2.8 ALPHA, OS9, G3). It does mess up the screen, with the contents of the primary (MVC) window showing along with fragments of the Morphic project I was in. A restore display seems to clean it up, but the window size never changes. I guess that proves that Acorn's *are* better than Macs?
>
>Well of course, we all knew that anyway. Seems like a bug to me, surely
>the window size ought to be programmatically controllable in general.
>All I do to make it work is compare the curent Display size to the 'new'
>one in ioShowDisplay and rebuild the window if there needs to be a
>change. I'm sure tha basics are there in all platorms, especially since
>it seems we all support the fullscreen option.
>
>--
>Tim Rowledge, tim at sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
>Useful random insult:- A deadbolt with a broken cylinder.

David N. Smith
IBM T J Watson Research Center
Hawthorne, NY
Any opinions or recommendations