Response To MVC Posts [was: Re: Automatic screen resize...]

R. A. Harmon harmonra at webname.com
Sun Apr 30 14:41:00 UTC 2000

At 09:19 PM 4/27/00 -0700, Dan Ingalls wrote:
>>At 09:58 AM 4/26/00 -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:
>>>How are you doing?  I have noticed that when resizing
>>>the window still requires one to 'restore display' in
>>>Morphic.  Is someone working to fix this for both MVC
>>>and Morphic?
>
>"R. A. Harmon" <harmonra at webname.com> responded:
>>I would suspect not as MVC is slated to be removed from Squeak Central
>>release.  I'm not sure when.
>
>Now, Richard, you really are working for the Eeyore award, aren't you?  ;-).
[snip]

Sorry, this allusion went right by me.

I'm not trying to be a pest or carry on any crusade--well, except for the
ANSI compatibility one.  I guess maybe I'm a little rabid on that topic, huh?

I was only trying to pass on what I thought was the most helpful information
I had--MVC is going away.

It seems to me that many posts asking about MVC go unanswered.  I hate to
think that some fellow Smalltalker is forlornly checking for the response
that never comes.  So if no one else replies to the post, I try to as best I
can.

I fell short on that post.

I guess I should have added that if possible he should move his work to
Morphic--the preferred Squeak Central GUI framework.  I'm narrowly focused
on finishing up the Squeak ANSI stuff, so mostly pay attention to posts that
seem related to that.  I guess I should have also added that due to my
narrow focus I am almost totally ignorant of developments in the GUI area.

I'll try to do better in the future.

--
Richard A. Harmon          "The only good zombie is a dead zombie"
harmonra at webname.com           E. G. McCarthy