Setting breakpoints?

Stefan Matthias Aust sma at 3plus4.de
Mon Apr 24 13:57:04 UTC 2000

At 10:40 19.04.00 +0000, you wrote:

>Is 'self halt' the preferred (only) way to set a breakpoint?

It is currently the only way to do although at least not my preferred
way.  Hopefully somebody volunteers to add real breakpoints to Squeak -
even if there are no conditional breakpoints yet.

>(Not that this is bad - so long as there some way to list ALL
>'self halts'.)

Select a "halt" and press ALT+n to see all senders of halt.  Now ignore all
methods you didn't write or modified.  If in doubt, move the mouse in the
method pane and press ALT+v to see who modified that method last.

Actually, the base system shouldn't contain any halts IMHO.  Either a clear
error message or real error recovery is needed here.

bye
--
Stefan Matthias Aust // Bevor wir fallen, fallen wir lieber auf