[ENH] Celeste status line + category overflow indication

Bert Freudenberg bert at isgnw.CS.Uni-Magdeburg.De
Wed Apr 26 20:15:53 UTC 2000

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:

> BTW, I'm working on getting Celeste to handle MIME attachments it
> receives. Anyone here will use find this useful? if so, any comment?

Great! I wanted to do this for some time, but never came around doing it.
I had displaying/sending iso8859-1 messages working, also in the headers,
but I didn't do the encoders, yet (only 8bit sending).

> Any comments about the MIME functionality already in squeak? Lex?

There are some MimeConverters (Base64, QuotedPrintable, RFC2047) but only
Base64 is for encoding (yet). There's String>>decodeMimeHeader.

I have attachment parsing working - not for Celeste, but for my
MailArchiveAction: for example, at http://swiki.gsug.org/SQFIXES/672.html
you can click and download your own attachment ;-)

This MIME parsing is based on the (general purpose)
LimitingLineStreamWrapper which makes it very easy to parse nested parts -
you can wrap wrapped streams, for example:
  outer := LimitingLineStreamWrapper on: aStream delimiter: '--boundary'.
  inner := LimitingLineStreamWrapper on: outer delimiter: '--innerbnd'.
There's an example method in the class.

  -Bert-