Squeak on Linux framebuffer?

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Apr 10 20:42:58 UTC 2000

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Marcus Denker wrote:

> "Squeak In One Disk" by Sebastian Wain and Alejandro Weil uses a small
> Linux-kernel to boot squeak from a single disk. It includes a graphic-driver
> that uses Svgalib:

That basically what I was going to try, but by using the framebuffer and
not SVGAlib.  AFAIK, SVGAlib is limited to the x86 archetecture.  Perhaps
I'm mistaken, but that's the impression I get.

Having a Linux framebuffer version would allow non-x86 archetectures to
use a small Linux/Squeak distrobution -- for example, a PDA. That
screenshot of the Helio emulator running Linux that Jay posted the url to
makes me want to get one to run Squeak on! :)

Aaron