Win Tims Money! a.k.a. find my sockets bug!

Duane Maxwell dmaxwell at entrypoint.com
Fri Apr 21 19:53:58 UTC 2000

All -

I'll raise the ante another US$75 (that's nearly 8000 yen!) for whoever
delivers a working, coded solution to Tim's problem under Linux in
particular by next Friday (April 28 2000).  Tim will be the arbiter of the
solution if provided by someone other than himself (no kickbacks, please) -
and he himself is eligible for the prize, but then he has to convince _me_.

-- Duane

>OK, I give up. Obviously I can't see the wood for the trees.
>
>I will pay $75 to the first person that can solve the problem I am
>having with Linux pluginVM sockets. I'm so bored with trying to find
>ways to track this down...
>
>Download
>http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/plugs/i686-Linux/pluginst
>uff.tar.gz and try out:-
>"Try squaek.org, usually works (always, for Tim's linux machine)"
>Transcript show:'http://www.squeak.org' asUrl retrieveContents
>printString; cr.
>"Try apache.org, always fails"
>Transcript show:'http://www.apache.org' asUrl retrieveContents
>printString; cr.
>
>On my (and several others') linux machines the squeak.org connection
>works ok, and the apache fails. Oddly enough, the same seems to be true
>on Macs (grab
>http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/SqFiles/plugs/Macintosh/PluginSqu
>eak.sit.bin ).
>
>The REALLY odd thing is that the Acorn stuff works just fine and yet it
>uses the same .c file as the linux VM for sockets, so clearly it is not
>some huge error affecting all platforms.
>
>So, roll up, roll up, for the Tim's Socket Challenge!
>
>tim
>
>--
>Tim Rowledge, tim at sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim
>The computer is mightier than the pen, the sword, and usually, the programmer.

Duane Maxwell          dmaxwell (at) entrypoint.com
CTO                       http://www.entrypoint.com
EntryPoint, Inc.    (858)348-3040  FAX(858)348-3100

Information contained herein is my personal opinion
     and not necessarily that of EntryPoint.