Adding new BitBlt modes (for antialiased type)

Raab, Andreas Andreas.Raab at disney.com
Tue Apr 25 01:15:43 UTC 2000

Tim,

> Well I discovered this morning whilst trying to debug the
> sound problem on the mac (just how _do_ you debug shared
> libraries under code worrier? drives me nuts) that the mac
> external prims calling stuff does a lookup-and-call of
> setInterpreter() _every_ time! This might account for
> some performance wastage.... Since the new plugins  stuff
> also looks up and runs initializeModule(), that gets added
> every time on my machine.

Very likely you are not using the latest version of sqMacExternalPrims.c - I
have recently added a bunch of new lookup rules and it fixes the above
mentioned problems as well.

[Which reminds me: We need to have a more general repository for hosting the
C support code. Sounds like a CVS/SourceForge kind of thing to me. I know
that people out there are working on the integration of Squeak and CVS -
would it be possible to have something like 'check out my C support files
for the VM' from Squeak directly?!]

  - Andreas