Is there any interest for Drag&Drop for standard tools at all?

Joshua Gargus gargus at cs.ualberta.ca
Wed Apr 19 16:40:00 UTC 2000

On Wed, Apr 19, 2000 at 10:59:59AM +0200, Stephan Rudlof wrote:
> Squeakers,
>
> I'm somewhat frustrated, because there was almost no reaction (just one
> private mail) regarding my
> 	[ENH] BrowserWithDragAndDrop
> postings.
>
> I've thought drag&drop for standard browsers could be a hit!
> Moreover this implementation is adaptable to other tools which also use
> PluggableListMorphs, e.g. FileList!

Actually, I think that I would use this more ofter for the FileList than
for the Browser (my usage patterns parallel those of Bert and Mark).

> So I would like to have some feedback regarding following questions:
>
> - Are you interested in Drag&Drop functionality for standard tools
> (Browsers, FileList, ChangeList) or not?
> - Do you have and use other Browsers and/or standard tools with
> drag&drop functionality already build in?
> - Have I used the wrong subject for my posting?

yes, no, no,

> - Do you have critics regarding my implementation?
> - Is this topic low in priority for you?

haven't looked at the code,
moderate priority,

> - What do you think about this topic at all?
> - ???

Nothing particularly coherent at this point.  I have a lot of thinking to
do about the possibilities and limitations of d&d.

Feature request: ability to select more than one list element.

Have you looked at the Refactoring Browser?  I haven't, but it's on my to-do
list.  You might be interested, since your [ENH] seems to be targetted at
reorganization of code.

Joshua