FreeBSD Squeak Request

Bob Kot bobkat at azstarnet.com
Sat Apr 1 06:25:25 UTC 2000

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Andrew C. Greenberg wrote:
> Can anyone point me to Squeak 2.7 FreeBSD binaries or, better yet,
> clear directions how to build Squeak under FreeBSD?

Roland Jesse has an updated FreeBSD port skeleton for Squeak 2.7 at

	http://www.apfel.de/~jesse/squeak/squeak2.tgz.

For some reason it hasn't been committed to the FreeBSD ports
distribution.

It might be wise to delete the current squeak2 port skeleton

	rm -r /usr/ports/lang/squeak2

Expand the file retrieved above as root with

	tar -xvzf squeak2.tgz -C /usr/ports/lang

Then build squeak like any other FreeBSD port.

	cd /usr/ports/lang/squeak2
	make
	make install

I just did this a week ago. Worked fine. Good luck.

1 3 0 1 3
  13013
   BOB