Squeak on PlayStation?

Steve Wessels stephan.wessels at sdrc.com
Mon Apr 10 15:08:45 UTC 2000

Playstation does support a mouse.  And certainly, there are already games out there for the PSX that make use of occasional on
screen keyboards.

I don't believe anyone would want to develop in the traditional sense "on" a Playstation.  Of course some kind of Morphic based
Art/Music application written in Squeak, particularly for an education oriented audience, may sell well.  PSX software is a really
big market.

The PSX2 has internet capability and a large capacity (DVD) drive for images.  It really is a fast graphics machine.  Might be
interesting to see the first game that is binary portable to a PSX from Mac, Linux, PC's.

Oh well.  I'm sounding more like a technologist now than a business manager...

 - Steve