[Question]Resourses stored in the image

Bob Arning arning at charm.net
Tue Apr 25 18:18:25 UTC 2000

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:24:59 +0200 Karl Ramberg <karl.ramberg at chello.se> wrote:
>How do I get the reference to the Form? When a file is filed into the image where is it?
>I'm asking because I like to fix some of the graphics in the PaintBoxMorph. I can
>see some references to the pictures but I really don't understand much.

Well, that depends. If you write some code that creates a Form, then you have the reference in that code. In the case of the PaintBoxMorph, there is already an instance in the image. Whenever you ask for a new PaintBoxMorph, the Prototype (a class variable in PaintBoxMorph) gets copied for your use. This Prototype already has buttons set up with Forms associated with each. How these got there in the first place is not shown. Someone, somehow, put them in there, but there they are. To change them, do

	PaintBoxMorph prototype explore

and dig around through the submorphs looking for the various forms. When you find one, select it in the explorer and do

	self bitEdit

in the lower pane of the explorer. Use the resulting FatBitsPaint to make the desired changes and the choose "accept" from the control-menu. When you are done (assuming you are happy with the results), save the image.

Cheers,
Bob