Win Tims Money! a.k.a. find my sockets bug!

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Fri Apr 21 19:22:32 UTC 2000

> OK, I give up. Obviously I can't see the wood for the trees.
>
> I will pay $75 to the first person that can solve the problem I am
> having with Linux pluginVM sockets. I'm so bored with trying to find
> ways to track this down...

MMm thats $75USA which is worth a good $110 Cdn.

However for the mac folks out there Tim's socket PlugIn gets a
 connectionTerminated  = -23012 when he either requests a socket connection,
or when the async handler is triggered. Most interesting. It could be that
MacTCP isn't really workable from a shared library without some special sort
of twiddling. Can't say I see how this is related to the Linux issue, if it
just failed on the mac then is a mac issue, failing on multiple platforms
makes it more interesting. Any mac developers out there are welcome to share
thoughts so I don't overlap explorations.

This weekend I'll (sigh) step though ALL the C code with a MacTCP book handy
and look for interesting events, since I've graduated from considering it a
simple problem to something much more complex (still think there is a mac
problem, and a seperate Linux problem). But then Tim wouldn't be asking for
help if it wasn't a very interesting problem.

Custom Macintosh programming & various Smalltalk dialects
PGP Key: DSS/Diff/46FC3BE6
Fingerprint=B22F 7D67 92B7 5D52 72D7  E94A EE69 2D21 46FC 3BE6