Groking interp.c ?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Thu Apr 20 18:41:30 UTC 2000

In message <v04220815b524f76a365d@[208.210.85.79]>
          "Andrew C. Stoffel" <acs at campus.com> wrote:

> I've run into a need to REALLY understand interp.c and
> how it's created/generated. (It gives all the version
> of the DEC/Compaq C compilers on OpenVMS that I've
> tried (including the most recent) SERIOUS heartburn
> (Details available upon request). I can either attempt
> to fix the 100+ functions in interp.c that are causing
> problems OR figure out how to generate an interp.c that
> doesn't exhibit these "problems"...
Step 1; try simple hacks in the interp.c file to see if you can prevent
the problems. most compilers have 'issues' with the generated code, but
can be persuaded to treat them as warnings if the wind is in the right
direction.
Step 2; if it is possible to do step 1 and make progress, tell us what
fixes were needed and somebody can probably change the CCodeGen to make
a long term fix. Dan, Andreas, Andy Greenberg & I have probably done
most hacking in that area recently. Almost anything can be generated,
the trick is making sure it is still ok for other platforms!

tim
Strange OpCodes: EBO: Emulate Brown-Out